Shailey reveals her budget shopping secrets for looking expensive for less. And Katie learns that Dillards isn't Sears. Apparently. Fake sponsored by: Anthropologie. Brand new segment: Wardrobe Malfunctions!
- Some fake fabrics look expensive. Some don't. Ex: suede vs leather.
- Pair expensive with non expensive. (Or Katie's tip: pair inexpensive with inexpensive.
- Go cheaper on "fads". Invest in timeless staples.
- Neutral colors look more expensive.
- Alter when needed. Add embellishments. (Put the bedazzled down, Katie.)
- Shop vintage.
- Shop sales.
- Trends are good but SET YOUR OWN!
- Wear what looks good on you. (Just because it's trendy doesn't mean it will look good on your body type.)
Bonus discussion: Are you born with good taste or can you learn it? Will Shailey ever make it to the NBA? What IS dillards?